Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tattoo time

So! My friend Chelsey got a tattoo earlier this month. Last semester, we had talked about getting tattoos before graduation. I finally decided to go in and make my appointment on Saturday. I chose the same artist as her, Ian. While he was tattooing her, I sat for 2 hours, and we talked about Disney and life and other fun things. I liked his demeanor, and looking at his book, I was really impressed. I wanted to get a tattoo that would go with the Disney Look (nothing visible), and in a place that wouldn't stretch over time (pregnancy, weight gain, wrinkles, etc. ) I was thinking about my hip. Nope. So I chose the inside arch of my foot.

Then there was the conundrum of what I was going to get. When I was about 12, I wanted a star. Yikes. At 18, I wanted "The ones we love never truly leave us". Too long. As I was re-reading 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows', the last line struck me: "All was well." I loved it. It's a philosophy I have about life, because things do tend to work out for me in the end. I've been ending letters with "Hope all's well" for years. It's simple, it connects with my love of Harry Potter, and not everyone will get it.

What font? I scrolled through Microsoft Word, and decided on the Aladdin font. It's subtly Disney, and looks fantastic.
There it is! So pretty.

My appointment is scheduled for April 28, and should take less than 45 minutes. I'm excited! All was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment