1. Town Square – In Magic Kingdom, at the Town Square Theater you can meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse at Mickey's backstage dressing room. In a separate room of the theatre you can also meet the Disney Princesses. There are usually three, and are usually from the main 5 (Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel or Snow White), although Tiana and Rapunzel are there from time to time also. Outside in the street, by the flagpole you can normally meet Daisy Duck or Pluto. Sometimes Pinocchio makes appearances too.
2. Adventureland – The fairies are here! Adventureland is also the home to Pirate Goofy, Aladdin and Jasmine. Captain Jack Sparrow also has a pirate recruiting show here.
3. Halloween or Christmas Parties - These are EXCELLENT opportunities for meeting some neat characters, and meeting characters in special outfits. They can vary from year to year, but most recently the two different seasonal events have seen the likes of the Seven Dwarfs, Gaston and the Princes, to name but a few. Mickey and Minnie are on hand to meet fans at the Town Square Theater, and will be in special themed costumes, and look out for other favourite characters around the park wearing seasonal attire appropriate for that party.
4. Future World - Future World is home to the EPCOT Character Spot (opposite Innoventions West), where you can meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto all at once. Opposite the Character Spot, Chip and Dale usually meet their fans.
At the main entrance in Future World you will often find Stitch or Daisy Duck meeting near Spaceship Earth.
Sometimes, if you're lucky you can find random/rare characters inside the hallway behind the Character Spot.
5. World Showcase -
Mexican Donald at Mexico
Mary Poppins, Alice and 2 random Pooh friends at the United Kingdom
Marie, Aurora, Belle and Beast at France
Snow White in Germany
Mulan in China
Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco
On occasion you may also find random characters appearing at International Gateway, World Showplace (near Canada and UK pavilions) or to the side of the American Adventure.You can also eat at my favorite Princess restaurant, Akershus in fake Norway.
We exit through the International Gateway and make our way down the river to Hollywood Studios now...
6. Animation Building - The Animation Building is home to Sorcerer Mickey, the Incredibles (any combination of Mr, Mrs or Frozone), plus lots of random ones down on the floor later the day, when Fantasmic isn’t playing that night.
I’ve met Snow White, Belle, Mary Poppins and her penguins, Pocahontas and Meeko, Captain Hook, Smee, Jafar, Aladdin, Jasmie, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Rafiki, the Genie, Mulan, the Queen from Snow White, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Gepetto and Pinocchio, Chip and Dale, and the Queen of Hearts. It’s a magical hour, usually from 5-6. Again, make sure Fantasmic isn’t playing that night.
7. Star Wars Weekends - During the early summer (May/June), Hollywood Studios hosts the ridiculously popular Star Wars Weekends. A fantastic experience, but immensely busy, you can meet Stormtroopers, Anakin, Darth Vader, Ewoks, Leia, Luke and many, many more (there are far too many to list). On top of that, the Fab 5 friends get in on the act too, and you can find Jedi Mickey, Vader Goofy, Stormtrooper Donald and Leia Minnie!
Let us cool off now under the shade and trees of Animal Kingdom...
8. Discovery Island - At Discovery Island you can find Flik and any given three Pooh friends (nearly always Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore - but Piglet has been known to appear also).
9. Camp Minnie-Mickey - probably the best place in the park for characters, here you can meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto or Daisy all dressed in their Camp Counselor outfits at the Greetings Trails. They also dress up for Halloween and Christmas!
You can also find Thumper, Miss Bunny and Chip 'n' Dale nearby. We have also seen Meeko, Pocahontas, and Br’er Bear there recently. In the past Koda and Kenai would meet fairly often too, but not so much any more.
Finally for our top 10 WDW character hot spots is something special at the Grand Floridian...
10. 1900 Park Fare - Although 1900 Park Fare is a character meal which you have to pay extra for, there variety of characters is good, and can vary depending on the time of day/type of meal. You can meet the Tremaines, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, the Mad Hatter or others depending on the time of your visit, making it probably the most varied character meal on property (the others are very specific such as Princesses, Playhouse Disney or Fab 5, where as this one can vary).