Sunday, September 4, 2011

Moldovian Encounter

The first Saturday after classes started meant breakfast with my brother, a fantastic ice cream date, going to a party at the International House on campus and meeting new people (from Georgia, Kenya, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, China, Italy, Serbia and France), and then going out with a friend to some bars! I had told the Frenchman that I'd like to meet up with him, so my friend and I ended up at the Rhino downtown, after going to the Badlander and Bodega.

About an hour before, we had met up with some of her friends, and I had met a guy from Moldova. It's a small country underneath Ukraine. It turns out that he had spent the summer here studying computers/business and was leaving on Monday. I was attracted to him, but was focused on meeting up with the Frenchman.

So my friend and I went into the Rhino, and I found the Frenchman. He's my age, and we talked about France and family and school. After one drink, his roommate decided that it was Bodega time. My friend and I were ready to head home, so the Frenchman and I made plans to meet up in next few days, and said goodbye.

Walking outside, there was the guy from Moldova. So we talked for a bit, and my friend left to get some food. It was just me and him, and he just looked at me. He then said "You're very beautiful." I thanked him, and then he asked me if I was cold. I said yes, and he hugged me. Hugging turned into a kiss. Which turned into more kissing.
Then he said "Can you stay?"
"No, I'm tired, I want to go home."
"Come on, just for an hour?"
"No, my friend's waiting for me."
"Ask her if she'll stay for you!"
"No, that's mean."
"Please?" He kissed me again. He was a really good kisser.
"I'm sorry, I can't. But I'm glad I met you, and I hope you have a safe trip home."
"You're too good for me."
We kissed one more time, and I walked to meet my friend. We took the bus home, and I went to bed.

England. Ireland. Scotland. Italy. Moldova. Am I trying to kiss a guy from every European country? Is that another goal for my twenties? If so, I have 32 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment