Saturday, July 30, 2011

Harry Potter Post 53

Daniel Radcliffe: "I will miss getting to do some of the stuff I get to do as Harry," he said. "I'm not naturally an action hero so it's kind of a gift for a young actor. I got to do a 40 foot free-fall when I was 14! I got to burst out of the water surrounded by a ring of fire! I will never get to do that again."

Jason Isaac's My London
22 Jul 2011
Home is…
I've had a home in Queen's Park for 26 years. My wife Emma and I met at drama school in Swiss Cottage in the late 1980s and have lived within a few miles of the Finchley Road ever since.

What's the first thing you do when you arrive back in London?
Get on the Tube or the bus and thank God we have a public transport system that works. In LA all life starts with a car journey in hideous traffic.

What's the most romantic thing someone's done for you?
On my birthday years ago, my wife arranged a boat ride down the Thames that took us to a restaurant and then to a hotel in Chelsea Wharf.

How would you like the opening line of your obituary to read?
Jason Isaacs - full-time dad, sometime actor and trophy husband - has gone missing under mysterious circumstances.

Which is your favourite club?
The exclusive British actors' I-was-in-Harry-Potter-and-you-weren't society, of which I am a smug member.

What are your biggest extravagances?
Computers and chai lattes.


What would you do as Mayor of London for the day?
If I was actually Boris Johnson, I might cut my hair and apologise for being so boorishly Neanderthal.

Which animal would you most like to be?
A rat: I like company, am naturally messy and will eat almost anything.

What do you most like wearing?
Nothing - I must remember to draw the curtains.

Have you ever had a run-in with the London police?
Er... yes, back in my misspent youth. But they were also brilliant when I had a stalker for nearly a decade.

Source

At the London press conference for the series' last installment, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2, British actor Ralph Fiennes - who has portrayed Voldemort since the first movie in 2001 - revealed some juicy behind-the- scenes secrets.

Fiennes, 48, explained conspiratorially: "It was an irritating costume to wear. It was too long and, sometimes, I would trip over it...The gusset of the tights kept dropping between my thighs, and this made it very hard to walk with any kind of dignity."

Thus, a garter belt was employed to solve the problem.

"Sometimes, when the stunt team got too macho, I would tease them with my inner thigh," the actor added.

Gambon, 70, joked that while both he and Fiennes had taken "wand lessons" under the guidance of a male dancer, his resulting actions were certainly "more camp" than his colleague's.

Coltrane, 61, spoke about how Hagrid - the loveable giant of a caretaker - was worlds apart from his previous roles,which had him playing everything from "gangsters to prostitutes, transvestites and murderers". "The great thing about playing Hagrid is that he is a thoroughly good man... It's the first time I've done that," he said with a smile.

 Source

No comments:

Post a Comment