Sunday, April 24, 2011

Unexpected Letter, Part 2

Wow.

So, I got the letter that my mom forwarded me. He had made the envelope, and drawn all over it. My favorite part were the balloons on the staircase. I just stared at it for a couple minutes, trying to guess what was inside. What would you expect from a wonderful guy you had met almost 3 years ago and had never heard from?

Eventually, I got my wits about me, and opened it. Inside, he had mailed me some gorgeous original art and a short letter about why he hadn't written to me before and what he was up to. He's a radio DJ, and he had written his email address.

Once I stopped tearing up (yeah, I was "that girl"), I went to class. In class, I was the happiest person who wasn't paying very much attention. Class got out early, and I went home and sent him a email.

A few days later, he wrote back. I responded. We've been emailing back and forth, and I'm still blown away by him, almost 3 years later. It's almost unfair that he can have this effect on me.

I told him I would call him when he's DJing tomorrow.

I don't really know what's happening. Why now? I mean, I'm super glad and everything, I'm just feeling slightly overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment