Friday, April 15, 2011

"Magical Marshmallow Castle"-Darren Criss

 Billboard: How did you first get into musical theater?
"For me, it was Disney. I remember seeing people's reaction to "Aladdin" and thinking, "Oh, man, I want to be a genie when I grow up!" Robin Williams is a pretty big character in San Francisco. I was like, "I want to do whatever that guy does. What does he do, Mom? He's an actor? OK, I want to do that." I was all over the map, musically. I had all the "Les [Miserables]" and Andrew Lloyd Webber records, and I was a kid growing up in the '90s, so [I listened to] whatever pop was out at the time."
Later in the interview:
"When I look back on "Glee" and on this album, it's like I was offered to live in a golden marshmallow house in the sky. It's like, "Sure! I'll take it!" I never thought that it would ever happen, that I would get a magical marshmallow castle in the sky, but my God, thank you."
 Source
Love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment