Friday, April 1, 2011

"Kiss me, I'm Irish!"

On this St. Patrick's day, I was legally able to drink. I had beer from a green can (sort of counts), and spent the night hanging out with a friend from high school who I hadn't seen in almost a year. We traversed to three bars, and ended up at the Badlander, my favorite. After about an hour, though, I was tired and ready to head home. However, I wanted to see if "Kiss me, I'm Irish!" really worked.

I went to get my coat, and saw a handsome boy with causally messy brown hair leaning against a wall. I walked up him, all fear gone, and said "Hey, I have a question for you."
"Yeah, what's up?"
"If I said 'kiss me, I'm Irish', would it work? It's true."

He looked at me, smiled and said "Yeah, I think it would."
"I'm headed out, but would it work on you?"
"Here's my answer." He leaned in and kissed me. It was delightful.

We broke apart, and smiled. It was then I said "Thank you, you just made my night."
"My pleasure. Have a good one."
"You too!"

I left the bar smiling, and was home watching Family Guy by midnight. It was a very successful St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment