Who doesn't love wedding cake? William and Kate had two.
Guests at the reception will be entertained by Claire Jones, the official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales.
• White Rose - National symbol of England
• Daffodil – National symbol of Wales, new beginnings
• Shamrock – National symbol of Ireland
• Thistle – National symbol of Scotland
• Acorns, Oak Leaf – Strength, endurance
• Myrtle – Love
• Ivy – Wedded Love, Marriage
• Lily-of-the-Valley – Sweetness, Humility
• Rose (Bridal) – Happiness, Love.
• Sweet William – Grant me one smile
• Honeysuckle – The Bond of Love
• Apple Blossom – Preference, Good Fortune
• White Heather – Protection, Wishes will come true
• Jasmine (White) – Amiability
• Daisy – Innocence, Beauty, Simplicity
• Orange Blossom – Marriage, Eternal Love, Fruitfulness
• Lavender – ardent attachment, devotion, success, and luck.
The Queen is giving a lunchtime Reception at Buckingham Palace for around 650 guests drawn from the Wedding Service congregation, representing the Couple’s official and private lives.
Guests will be served a selection of canapés, including:
• Cornish Crab Salad on Lemon Blini
• Pressed Duck Terrine with Fruit Chutney
• Roulade of Goats Cheese with Caramelised Walnuts
• Assortment of Palmiers and Cheese Straws
• Scottish Smoked Salmon Rose on Beetroot Blini
• Miniature Watercress and Asparagus Tart
• Poached Asparagus spears with Hollandaise Sauce for Dipping
• Quails Eggs with Celery Salt
• Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork Belly with Crayfish and Crackling
• Wild Mushroom and Celeriac Chausson
• Bubble and Squeak with Confit Shoulder of Lamb
• Grain Mustard and honey-glazed Chipolatas
• Smoked Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole
• Miniature Yorkshire Pudding with Roast Fillet of Beef and Horseradish Mousse
• Gateau Opera
• Blood Orange Pate de Fruit
• Raspberry Financier
• Rhubarb Crème Brulee Tartlet
• Passion Fruit Praline
• White Chocolate Ganache Truffle
• Milk Chocolate Praline with Nuts
• Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffle
Guests will be served Pol Roger NV Brut Réserve Champagne with a selection of other soft and alcoholic drinks.