Sunday, February 27, 2011

Picture of the Day 2

This was taken backstage, somewhere in Disney World's jungle. My friend Mandie and I had a 'treat shift' for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween costume. Compared to my regular Fantasyland costume, this was delightful. I could curtsy to girls now! I wasn't wearing shorts or pants! I got a bitchin' purple bat headband! The skirts were sized small, when I put it on, I had a waist that would shame a Disney Princess. Unfortunately, my tiny waist was covered by the always too-large apron. The apron straps would always fall down my shoulders (thanks, extra-small apron), so I called myself "the candy harlot." Backstage, of course.

The Halloween parties were the best to work, you got paid to give out candy and watch fireworks! You also got more breaks and sometimes got free candy at the end of the night. I worked by Peter Pan's Flight, the Alice in Wonderland 'treat trail' that led from Toontown to Space Mountain, Pinocchio's Village House, and I was 'crowd control' one night for the 7 Dwarves. The parties lasted for almost 2 months, and almost all were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment