Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscars 2011

The Oscars are my second favorite awards show. The Tonys have my award show-loving heart. Tonight the 2011 Oscars happened.
The full list of winners can be found here.
I love that the show ended with the PS22 choir singing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow', and at the end, all the winners coming onstage. Then Anne Hathaway started high-fiving the kids. It was precious.

This was my favorite part:
Photobucket
I love, adore, and want to be like Anne Hathaway. She seemed to be having so much fun.

Other highlights:
Photobucket
Kirk Douglas, and his 94 year-old banter with the audience before presenting the Best Supporting Actress to Melissa Leo from The Fighter.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Colin Firth's many fantastic expressions before winning Best Actor for The King's Speech.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Why is mold growing on the back of her dress? The front is just as bad.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some of Anne Hathaway's style for the night. More can be found after the cut.
Photobucket
The Black Swan parody. Anne tap-danced. It was awesome.

There's more thoughts and pictures behind the 'Read more'.
Photobucket
Halle Berry looked fantastic. One of my favorite dresses of the night.
Photobucket
Jeff Bridges announcing the nominees for Best Actress. The speeches were touching, and he had just the right amount of acting without getting super cheesy.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Delightful Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr. bantering during the show. I adore Jude Law.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Andrew Garfield sighting!
Photobucket
A fabulous dress. I think it even has pockets. Well, why wouldn't it? My mom would approve.
Photobucket
Helen Mirren, why so gorgeous?
Photobucket
Mila Kunis, well done. What I don't understand is the chest embroidery.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Natalie Portman, I love you. I love you a lot. I also love that you won Best Actress! As she should have.
Photobucket
Does Jesse Eisenberg ever really smile?
Photobucket
Christian Bale almost crying when he was thanking his wife. Aw, love.
Photobucket
Helena Bonham Carter, I wish I was you.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love Tangled. I love Mandy Moore. I love this song. This was delightful.
Photobucket
I feel like this is Hugh Jackman's 'yikes!' face, and I like it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lovely.

All material was found here, here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment