Monday, January 10, 2011

Looking Back

I'm home in cold, snowy Montana after a glorious 5 months in Florida. When I got off the plane after 16 hours of flying in August, I realized that it was so hot and humid that I wouldn't need a coat, at least for a few months. When the woman at casting excitedly told me "You're going to be in the Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland!" she was met with my confused stare. "...What's that?" "Peter Pan's Flight, the carousel, Small World, the teacups! You're going to have so much fun!"

Damn, I hope I don't have to work Small World.

My first day was called 'Once Upon a Time'. It was a tour of Magic Kingdom, learning the Basics, and other things. We got a tour of the tunnels, and seeing the castle for the first time, I cried. Then we saw Snow White, the Fairy Godmother, and Bert and Mary Poppins! It was the best way to start my College Program.

I worked on the teacups, Winnie the Pooh, and Snow White.

Child-size wheelchairs made me so sad every time.

Seeing a Make a Wish girl with no legs or arms, having the time of her life.

My first time working fireworks, I saw a proposal happen less than a foot away from me. I got the whole crowd around them to applaud and say congratulations when the show ended.

Eating inside Cinderella's castle with the princesses and my best friend, Ruth. Getting matching tiaras and Snow White t-shirts before watching 'Tangled'.

Watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at midnight at Downtown Disney with one of my roommates. Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince preceded the movie. It was amazing.

Going on coffee dates with Australian boy.

Getting fake proposal pictures with every Disney prince, except Snow White's.

Eating around the world.

Pineapple/vanilla Dole Whips.

Service Industry Nights at House of Blues. Latin night and techno night.

Dancing with my parents and African drummers in Animal Kingdom.

Dancing with Goofy twice at Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it! Street Party

Crowd control on New Year's Eve

Making magical moments at work and playing

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you called me after you saw the proposal! I was working on my Dia de los Muertos print. It was a welcome break.
    I'm glad you had such a rich experience in Florida and I'm glad you're home!

    ReplyDelete