Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cinderella's Royal Table

On December 8, my friend Ruth and I decided to try our luck at getting into Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. It's strongly suggested that you make reservations there 180 days in advance. Since we were cast members, we thought we'd try getting in....with no reservation. At all. We got to Magic Kingdom around 9 and headed straight to the castle.

I walked up to the woman at the front desk and said "Hi, we're cast members and we don't have reservations, but I have a friend who works here who told me that you usually have a few empty tables during the last breakfast. I was wondering what the chances were of us getting in..."
She looked at me, in my pretty skirt, and smiled. "How many?"
"Two, please."
"Well, I can get you a table at 10:30...or you can come in right now."

I literally squealed with happiness. "Seriously?"
"Seriously."
"Thank you so, so much!"
"My pleasure. What's your name?"

I told her my name and we made some small talk, then sat on a bench and waited for our name to be called. We walked into the castle, where we were handed a royal invitation and waited for our picture with Cinderella.
She was in her 'winter wear'.

Of course, I had to get a picture of me losing my shoe in the castle in hopes of finding my Prince Charming.
We then waited some more, and then our name got called to go upstairs! We trekked up the stairs, and after being seated, were given Wishing Stars and magic wands!
 With my Wishing Star and wand!
 
There was a ceremony when everyone in the restaurant made a wish with our eyes closed, and when we opened them, there were twinkling lights all over. It was magical.

Cinderella's Royal Invitation!

Our fantastic server came around to take our order, and we both ordered the cream cheese stuffed french toast. It came with bacon. We sent it back, because we're both vegetarian. It came back, thankfully with no meat. There was also a basket with croissants, pan au chocolat, and cinnamon rolls.
 Ruth got tea, I got coffee, and the meal came with orange juice.
The french toast was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

The thing about character dining (I did a lot of it while I was there) is that no matter how prepared you think you are, a character will ALWAYS come up to you while you're chewing. And it always surprises me. Here I am, talking to Ruth and here's Aurora! Quick, swallow so you can make conversation and not look stupid!

Here are the princesses we met:
Aurora! She was....eh.
Snow White wrote in my autograph book "Someday your prince will come too! Love, Snow White" She was amazing. Her dress is Ruth's favorite.
Belle is our favorite princess. She wrote in my autograph book "To Anna, Beauty comes from what's within, Love, Belle" We talked about books and the Beast and it was delightful.
Ariel, showing off her legs, because she'd much rather have those than fins because "flipping your fins you don't get too far".
Ariel was the best Ariel, personality-wise. She wrote in my autograph book "Someday you'll be part of our world! Love, Ariel", after I told her that Eric is my favorite prince. She also remembered that I had met her a few days ago, and she had signed my book "To Princess Anna, love and fishes, Ariel". She went through my book to find it. She was amazing.

After we had met all the princesses and finished our amazing, amazing breakfast, we paid the check. It was 50% off because of the cast member holiday coupon book. It was still expensive ($30 for each of us, 18% gratuity included), but it was worth every penny. It's not like I can eat in a castle every day with princesses and my best friend.

After breakfast, we took our time leaving the castle, stopping to take a few pictures.
Using my Disney Point, I found my knight in shining armor!

Make sure you keep an eye out for Jaques and Gus-Gus when you're waiting to meet Cinderella. They're on the wall by the fireplace.
After that, we met Lady Tremaine and the Ugly Stepsisters outside the castle in Fantasyland!

After photographing the murals, it was time to go on Haunted Mansion! After that, Ruth went to hear Jodi Benson narrate the Candlelight Processional, and I went to work.

It was the best breakfast ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment