Sunday, September 5, 2010

This is my life

This is what working at Disney has done to me:

I was in the Magic Kingdom on my day off, playing in the park. I had just finished dancing with Chip and Dale at the street party and was wandering around the castle grounds before Storytime with Belle.

I went to Cinderella's wishing well, where I thought an engagement had just taken place. There was confetti everywhere. I took a few pictures, and then saw a couple coming towards me. I offered to take their picture. They hesitated, and then said yes. I made sure to get the castle in the background.

I handed them their camera, and then the guy offered, in a lovely English accent "Can I return the favor?" I didn't really want to take a single person picture in front of the romantic wishing well. I thanked him but declined, and went off to meet Peter Pan and Wendy.

I've started asking strangers on my day off if they want their pictures taken.

I'm much more patient at waiting in lines.

I smile at children everywhere I go.

I stop for a few seconds if I see a confused group of people, to see if I can help them out.

Everyone else is always right.

My face hurts from smiling so much.

I don't get hurt when people don't wave back anymore.

I ask people where they're visiting from, and then ask them to tell me something about their state/country.

I have to refrain from wishing people a happy birthday or happy anniversary when I'm not working.
The same goes with calling little girls 'Princess' and little boys 'buddy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment