Monday, August 9, 2010

Harry Potter Post 26

"Personally, I'd have welcomed a Dementor attack. A deadly struggle for my soul would have broken the monotony nicely. You think you've had it bad; at least you've been able to get out and about, stretch your legs, get into a few fights.... I've been stuck inside for a month."
"You theenk Bill will not wish to marry me anymore?" demanded Fleur. "You theenk, because of these bites, he will not love me?"
"No, that's not what I -"
"Because 'e will!" said Fleur, drawing herself up to her full height and throwing back her long mane of silver hair. "It would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me!"
"Well, yes, I'm sure," said Mrs. Weasley, "but I thought perhaps - given how - how he -"
"You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps, you hoped?" said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. "What do I care how he looks? I am good- looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave! And I shall do zat!" she added fiercely, pushing Mrs. Weasley aside and snatching the ointment from her.
ʹDid you like question ten, Moony?ʹ asked Sirius as they emerged into the Entrance Hall.
ʹLoved it,ʹ said Lupin briskly. ʹGive five signs that identify the werewolf. Excellent question.ʹ
ʹDʹyou think you managed to get all the signs?ʹ said James in tones of mock concern.
ʹThink I did,ʹ said Lupin seriously, as they joined the crowd thronging around the front doors eager to get out into the sunlit grounds. ʹOne: heʹs sitting on my chair. Two: heʹs wearing my clothes. Three: his nameʹs Remus Lupin.ʹ
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?' Harry interrupted again.
“So he can sneak up on people,” said Ron. “Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...”
'Hem, hem,' said Professor Umbridge.
'Yes?' said Professor McGonagall, turning round, her eyebrows so close together they seemed to form one long, severe line.
'I was just wondering, Professor, whether you received my note telling you of the date and time of your inspec–'
'Obviously I received it, or I would have asked you what you are going in my classroom,' said Professor McGonagall, turning her back firmly on Professor Umbridge. Many of the students exchanged looks of glee. 'As I was saying, today, we shall be practising the altogether more difficult Vanishment of mice. Now, the Vanishing Spell –'
'Hem, hem.'
'I wonder,' said Professor McGonagall in cold fury, turning on Professor Umbridge, 'how you expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally permit people to talk when I am talking.'
"Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy--"
"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing."
Percy scowled.
"That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley.
"Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand too. "How really corking to see you--"

No comments:

Post a Comment