Saturday, July 24, 2010

Slightly Scared

I leave for Disney World in 17 days. That's 2 weeks and 3 days.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday. He asked me about life, as usual. I told him that I was moving to Florida to work at the Happiest Place on Earth.

He asked me who I knew down there.
Nobody.

Nobody?
Nope.

Have you ever been to Disney World?
No.

Disneyland?
No.

Have you ever been to Florida?
No.

He asked me if I had a place to live.
Yes.

He asked me what my job was.
Working on the rides.

Which ride?
I don't know.

How do you not know?
It's very secretive.

Are your parents going to visit?
In November.

So, you're going to be alone till then?
Well, I hope I'll make friends.

Photobucket

Now, I'm slightly scared. I don't know anyone there. My parents and friends and family will all be thousands of miles away. What if no one likes me? What if I get really hurt? What if...

It's Disney World. I've wanted to do this for years. I'm 21. It's time for an adventure.
Adventure is out there.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. I know we're all anxious with so little time left, but we'll be fine!

    You'll definitely make friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reassurance, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete