Sunday, July 18, 2010

Awkward and Slightly Strange Encounters

Random guy who turns out to be a public school teacher at my favorite bar: "Here, take my chair."
"Oh, thank you."
"No problem, you're in heels."
"Thanks again."
I sit down.
He asks "What are you drinking?"
"A Cosmo."
"I think just by standing by you I just grew an X chromosome."
"Um, great?"
"Why are you drinking such a girly drink?"
"Cause it's delicious. And I'm a girl."
"Oh. What's on your feet?"
"Um....bandaids."
"What kind of bandaids?"
"Transformers."
"Holy shit." He lifts up my foot to examine my Transformers bandaids, and then puts it down.  He then says "I could kiss you right now."

Yikes.

Later, my favorite bartender changes ESPN to Animal Planet, on my request. "I got you hooked!" he says triumphantly.

A guy wanders up to me. I have one full drink and a half finished drink in front of me because the bartender made me two different types of the frozen cranberry thing for free, and water. He offers to buy me a drink. I decline, because I'm working on two. I eventually finish one as I watch the dolphins on Animal Planet, and move on to the next.

A college guy wanders up. "You're pretty. Are you here alone?"
"Yes, I am tonight."
"Can I buy you a drink?"
"Um, sure."

He buys me a drink, and tells me "I'm here with friends."
"Oh, that's cool.
"Yeah, I should probably go sit with them."
"Oh, okay."
"Are you telling me to go away?"
"You said you were here with friends and that you were going to go talk to them. Have a good night, and thanks for the drink."

He leaves, and I finish my second drink. As I'm starting my third, the bartender wanders up to me and smiles. "So Anna, how's your night going?"
"Freaking weird. How's yours?"
"Great, thanks."
"Hey, thanks for all the free drinks. I appreciate it."
"No problem. You're cool."
"Question for you. Why are all these guys buying me drinks?"
"Well, you're here at midnight. A pretty girl out by herself on a Friday night? You're going to get hit on. A lot. Pauses. You learn quick, though. Nice job."

I finish my third drink, and drink two glasses of water. The bartender and I hug good night, and I head home to get some sleep before work tomorrow.

Oh-and this was my 100th post. Congratulations, me? I think is a good one for 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment