Thursday, July 29, 2010

"I was hoping for a proper kiss"

When I was out tonight at my favorite bar, I ran into a guy I had known in high school. We talked for awhile, he bought me a drink, promised me a dance, and then disappeared.

An older man took his place, and I talked briefly with him until he turned creepy. A guy my age who works at a local childrens shelter came up to my other side and rescued me. We talked for a bit, and then he too disappeared.

I sat by myself for a bit, when a cute guy came and sat next to me. He ordered a beer, and then asked me if I liked beach volleyball. It was on EPSN at 12:30 at night. We talked for a bit, and I found out that the cute 24 year-old's name was Richard. And he was from Limerick, Ireland.

WHAT IS IT WITH CUTE, CHARMING UK MEN NAMED RICHARD?
(The last was the absurdly handsome and charming English solider, also named Richard. Who was also 24. Who I also met at my favorite bar. So weird.)


We kept talking, and I learned he was in town to coach soccer for kids. He told me a little about it, and we were talking about my job at the ice cream store, when some shouted "Rich!"

He turned to me and said "Guess I have to go. It was lovely meeting you, Anna."
"You as well, Richard. Have a good night."
He leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek.
He then said "I was hoping for a proper kiss."
I leaned forward and kissed him, short and sweet.
He looks at me and says, all charmingly befuddled "That was a proper kiss?"
I put my hand on his face and we kissed one more time.
We broke apart, and he smiled at me and said "Now that was a proper kiss. Thanks love."
Richard smiled at me, turned and left.
Just then, one of the bartenders walked up and said "What is it with you and foreign men?"
"Good question. But I'm happy!"
"I'm glad."

I walked home with a smile on my face.

1 comment: