Sunday, June 20, 2010

Running into Old Crushes

I went out with my friend last night, as we do every Saturday night. We went to a different bar than usual so I could try singing karaoke for the first time. After an hour and a half of technical difficulties, we decided to go to the usual bar to dance. Also, at the karaoke place, I had this glorious exchange.

I left the bathroom and went to the bar to get some water. I asked the bartender "Could I please have some water?" She looked at me and said "I'll need to see some ID."
"....For water?"

Really?

"Yeah."
"Okay. Um. I'll go get it."

I went and got my ID (I had left my purse with my friend) and went back to the bar. I handed her my ID, and she checked the date twice. "Oh! I'm sorry! I thought you were 15. It's a precaution. You really don't look 21."
"Yeah. For water. I got it. Could I please have some?"

An older woman, completely plastered and sitting at the bar, turns to me and goes "Sweetie, you don't look a day over 15. You'll be grateful for it when you're older, believe me."

I've never heard that one before.

I get my water, thank the bartender, and go hang out with my friend. We left the karaoke bar shortly after, and went to the bar with dancing.

I ran into two of my friends from high school, and we were all dancing together. A bad song came on, so I went to go check my phone. I was walking back towards the dance floor when an guy from high school walked by me. I had a huge crush on him in high school. He had gorgeous brown curly hair, really pretty eyes, and was nice to everyone. He also dated a friend of mine all through high school. He turned around, looked at me, and walked over.
"Anna?"
"Hi!"
He gave me a huge hug.
"I can't believe you're here! How are you?"
"I'm good! How are you?"
"Great! It's so good to see you!"
"You too...do you want to dance?"
"Of course I do! But I don't dance very well."
"Liar. I danced with you in high school. You're a fantastic dancer."

We started dancing, and it was amazing. He spun me around, and did the 'hug while we're dancing!' thing a lot. Over the music, he said "I can't believe we're here! We had lockers together in 8th grade! And you're so amazing! Why did we never hang out in high school?"

At the end of the song, he picked me up off the ground, broken arm and all, and spun me around in front of everyone. "I'm so glad I saw you, you're prettier than ever. I have to go find my friends 'cause they bought me a drink, but I'll find you soon." He kissed my hair, smiled, and walked away.

I ran over to my friends and jumped up and down excitedly. We started dancing together again, and then went outside to get some air.

I got cold really fast so I walked back in, and ran into the high school crush. He put his arm around me and introduced me to his friends.

Completely awesome.

We stood there and talked for awhile, and then he asked me to dance again. We danced more, and then took a break. He asked for my phone number, and then we danced again. This time, the 'I'm going to look at you a really long time, and smile, and then kiss your shoulder, and then kiss you for the first time' happened.

Yay!

High school crush kissed me!

I love being home for the summer.

We kissed a few more times, and then I told him I had to go home because I had work in the morning. He walked me to my stuff, and then went to find his friends. I told my friends I was leaving, and as I was walking out, he stopped me, kissed me on the cheek, hugged me, and asked me to call him to "make sure you got home okay."

I floated home.

No comments:

Post a Comment