Sunday, April 18, 2010

Your Song

A couple weeks ago, I was talking to an RA at the front desk in my dorm. He's a good friend of mine, we were discussing Glee. There's a piano in the lobby that people play sometimes. All of the sudden, music started.

'Yesterday', by the Beatles if we're being specific. And it was really good. I sang along, quietly. When 'Yesterday' ended, 'Let it Be' began. I told my friend "I'm going to go tell them that they're really talented." So I headed down the stairs, to see this cute, curly haired guy in a gray sweatshirt, just playing, looking so content and happy.

I stood a little bit away until he finished and then I said "Wow. You're really amazing." He smiled and said thank you, and asked "What kind of music do you like?" "Anything, really. I like Elton John."

He says "Oh, I bet you'll know this one then," and starts playing 'Your Song' and singing to me.

.....

He finishes, and smiles that gorgeous smile. I'm almost speechless. "...Wow. Thank you, so much."
"No problem. What else do you like?"
"Um, Disney music?"
"Oh, I bet you know this one too. Will you sing along?"

He starts playing 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight'.

OH MY GOD. I'm smiling so hard that my face is hurting as I sing, and melting at the same time.

He introduces himself afterward, and we talk for a little bit. Of course he did choir in high school. Of course he sings bass.

Then he asks if I would like to hear some other music. I sit down on the floor as he basically gives me a private concert. He plays music from one of the Final Fantasy games, some Mozart, and music he's composed.

He eventually leaves with a friend, and I basically float up to my room after I thank him profusely, completely thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment