Monday, April 19, 2010

"These things will change, can you feel it now?"

My mom has been telling me lately that my 20's are my decade of "change and adventure". I completely agree with her, I'm turning 21 in exactly one month, and I've already changed a lot in this past year.

I've had lots of different jobs (box office, planting flowers at the state capitol, child care at an Evangelical church, working at Ross, working at my town's fanciest restaurant, handing out free ice cream at a gas station, working at a different box office, typing up reports at an office, and babysitting). I'm about to start my summer job next month, at a local ice cream store in my hometown. I'm so excited, who wouldn't want to work at an ice cream store?

I'm almost done with my junior year of school, and then in August I'm flying to Florida for my job at Disney World. I'll be there until January. It's been a dream of mine for years, and I'm so thrilled that I can make this happen.

I made lots of mistakes with boys that I learned from and got humorous stories out of it, traveled to California with my family, went to Portland for spring break, went trick-or-treating on Halloween as Dorothy, lost a family member for the first time to pancreatic cancer (Rest in Peace, Uncle David), had a long distance relationship with a truly stellar guy in Australia, made fantastic new friends, watched more friends get engaged and married, got accepted into the professional program for journalism at my university, and enjoyed my life.

Good job, 20. You were definitely worth living for. I hope 21 is just as exciting.

"Your twenties are your decade of change and adventure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment