Sunday, April 25, 2010

Inappropriate Questions

Earlier this week, it was the first nice day in Montana in awhile. It was so gorgeous outside, 80 degrees and sunny, not much wind. People were playing frisbee on the Oval, smoking hookahs outside, slacklining, and playing soccer. I discovered some chalk my mom had given me a few months ago, and headed outside to draw.

As I was drawing Godzilla attacking a city, a shadow loomed over my drawing. I was listening to music, so I took off my headphones and looked up.

Standing there was a guy who lives on my floor in my dorm. He told me last semester that he had a crush on me, and I told him that I didn't feel the same way. Ever since then, we said hi to each other when we passed, but that was it.

He said hi. I said hello back.
"Whatcha drawing?" he asked.
"Oh, you know. Godzilla attacking a city."
"Looks more like a retarded T-Rex to me."
"Oh."
"And that apartment building you just drew? Looks like a glass with weird ice cubes in it."
"Are you here just to insult me?"
"No, I just got back from Albertson's. Had to take off my shirt and throw it in the river, it's damn hot outside."
"Oh."
"What are you doing?"
"....Coloring."
"I have a question."
"What's your question?"
"Are you a virgin?"

.....

"Pardon?"
"You don't even have to answer, that said it all. Of course you are, why else would you be out here?"
"Um...."
"Dude, there are so many hot girls out on the Oval right now."
"You should go talk to them."
"Are you telling me to fuck off and go away?"
"Bascially, yeah."
"Well, have fun with your chalk, virgin."
He walks away.

Who asks that? I mean really. It's not something that you just ask.

By the way, this was the outcome:

No comments:

Post a Comment