Thursday, January 21, 2010

What Would You Do?

After that glowing review and a lovely fake date with Helena boy, I find myself befuddled.

Tuesday night:
Him: "You're really pretty."
Me: "Thanks, you're really handsome."

Me: "So, I have a slightly insecure question for you."
Him: "Okay..."
Me: "Are we going to see each other again? Or is this a one night thing?"
Him: "I'm going to give you an insecure answer. I hope so. That's why I called you tonight instead of on Friday."
Me: "Cool."

He gives me a ride home, and I ask if he wants to hang out tomorrow. He says yes, I tell him I'll call him, and we kiss goodbye.

Wednesday:

I call him and leave him a slightly pointless voicemail "Hey, I'm at work, but I'll call you when I'm done...I hope I get to see you."

I get done with work and hop into my dad's truck that he's letting me borrow.
I call him again.
"Hello?"
It's a girl. Using my masterful deductive skills, there seems to be a party going on in the background, there's a lot of noise.
"Hi, is ___ there?"

She laughs.

And hangs up the phone.

I drive home, befuddled. He had asked if there was a Missoula boyfriend in the picture, and I had told him no, because there's not. I asked him if there was a Helena girlfriend, and he said no.

I realize that she was probably just a friend, but still...laughing and hanging up? Hmmm.

I get home, and wait a couple hours. Then I decide to text him 'Hey, I'm done with work. Let me know if you want to hang out, I'd like to see you.'

He never answered. I leave for school in two days.

And here's another one for the history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment