Sunday, January 31, 2010

Haha, it's funny cause I'm desperate

Tonight I went dancing at the elk's club. I went with a couple friends. I wore a green scoop neck t-shirt, black and white skirt with swirls that came to my knees, and black heels.

I danced with some of my gay boys for a while, and then decided I wanted to dance with a straight boy.
So I asked 5 guys if they wanted to dance.
"You're not what I'm looking for tonight."
"No."
"No. Sorry."
"I'm just here with my boys tonight."
"Sorry, I'm here with my girlfriend."

Slightly defeated, I went back to dancing with my gay boys. Awhile later, I saw this really cute guy with curly blond hair, and white and blue flannel shirt (it is Montana), dancing with a girl. He was a really good dancer, with a fantastic smile. The song ended, and he was wandering for a little bit, because he and the girl had parted ways. I jumped at the chance. "Would you like to dance?" He looked at me, smiled, and said "Of course." So we started dancing. And he was good. Really good. Twirling me in my pretty skirt, the right amount of grinding without it turning into clothed sex on the dance floor, holding me like he didn't want to let me go, holding my hands, hugging me as we danced, we fit together so well, hips moving in the right direction, caressing my hair, kissing my shoulder, and dipping me. It was fantastic. We danced for 20 straight minutes, and then the sound cut out.

He puts his arms around me in a long hug.
We introduce ourselves, and he says "It's nice to meet you."
"You too."
"You dance very well, Anna, do you know that?"
"Well, thank you. You do too."
"Oh, I'm just trying to keep up with your amazing ability."
"Thanks. You're incredibly charming. How old are you?"
"19. You?"
"20."
"Nice. This place is awkward without the music."
"I know. It's like an uncomfortable singles mixer."
He lets go of me and takes a big step back as he holds out his hand in a limp-wristed sort of way.
"Hi, I'm _____. I like Dungeons and Dragons."
I laugh as I shake his hand. "I'm Anna. I like video games."
His eyes go wide. "I love video games! And math."
We both laugh, and he pulls me close again as he holds my hand. I'm enjoying this, it's been awhile since I've gotten that nice physical closeness with a guy.

Then, this guy runs up behind me and starts humping me. I quickly step away as the guy laughs. "This is my roommate, I'm sorry. He does this to everyone."
"Ah. I'm Anna."
His roommate shakes my hand as he apologizes. "I didn't make the best first impression, did I?"
"Not really."
The guy still has his arms around me in a backwards hug when his roommate says "Dude, I need to talk to you."
The guy apologizes, and says he'll be right back and to stay there so he can find me again.
So, I start dancing in a big friend circle with my friends on the dance floor.
15 minutes pass. I look around, and see him dancing with another girl. I shrug it off.
The music cuts out again. I look around for the guy, and see him right next to me. He has his arms around two girls now. I'm waiting for him to finish my conversation, standing around awkwardly, and the thought that keeps running through my head is "Haha, it's funny cause I'm desperate."

The music is still out, and the DJ eventually announces that the dance is over because the computers went down. I shake the guy's hand, thank him for the dance, and head home.

The thing I'm taking away from this? The delightful 20 minute dance. It was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment