Sunday, November 8, 2009

A New Experience

Because I deal with a lot of people in my job (I sell tickets to theatre productions), it's always nice to encounter a cute boy to flirt with.

However, this was not one of those times.

Guy walks up to the box office window: Hey, is there a courtesy phone around here?
Me: No, but here, you can use my cell phone.
Guy: No, that's ok, I don't want to bother you.
Me: It's cool, it happens all the time.
Guy: OK, thank you. Hey, what are you coloring?
Me: Oh, you know. Some bunnies. Sleeping.
Guy: You're really cute.
Me: Hey, thanks! I'm apparently a 7 year old girl on the inside. (This is my standard response when someone remarks about me coloring in my Disney Princess coloring book that a friend gave me for my birthday)
Guy: Ok. *Takes phone, makes call, brings my phone back.* Thanks so much.
Me: No problem, have a good day!
Guy: *Walks away, comes back 10 seconds later* I never do this, but you're really pretty and really cute. Do you want to go out sometime?

OK. Here is my thought process: He just asked me out. Did he just ask me out? I never get asked out! I'm at work! I just got asked out while I was working! Hm. Would I be able to sit though dinner with him? That was nice of him. He has a big bushy beard.

Me: Um. Ok, sure! Thanks. Wow.
Guy: I don't have a phone, can I get your number?
Me: Oh, sure. *Writes down number, gives to guy*
Guy: Thanks so much *walks away*

Alright, here's where it gets weird. Whenever I see a guy with a beard who's 20-30ish, he reminds me of my brother. Stubble is fine, 5:00 shadow? No problem. But beards? I lose all attraction.

Same with bad dancing. I met a cute boy at a club, we were flirting, he started dancing.

My mind: He dances like your brother. You don't want to go out with a guy who reminds you of your brother.

I know I should just "Get over it", as the advice of one of my friends went, but I can't. I know that men grow facial hair, but all I see is my brother.

Side note: The Guy never called.

No comments:

Post a Comment